Server | Storage Engineer
(Sr. Consultant, Architect, Sr. Architect)
Weaver Technologies is a unique team of IT specialists, specializing in analyzing infrastructure and crafting one-of-a-kind solutions that solve problems and improve performance, has an immediate employment opportunity for an energetic experienced engineer.
This position is a telecommute position and can be located anywhere within Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
Responsibilities include install and support of server, storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions provided by Weaver Technologies. You will bring configuration, consulting, and solutioning expertise with storage and server virtualization technologies including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, SAN, data protection, servers, blade servers, and hyperconverged solutions to our client’s implementations. You will work with our clients to provide successful solutions, deployments, upgrades, knowledge transfer and documentation. Technical certifications for the above technologies and a diverse background in supporting enterprise IT datacenters are highly desired.
- Demonstrated planning and deploying competencies with Dell Technologies hybrid and all flash storage arrays or equivalent storage array deployment.
- Demonstrated planning and deploying competencies with Dell Technologies Hyper-Converged VxRail or equivalent HCI experience.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Hypervisor, as well as a basic knowledge of VMWare Data Center.
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated planning and deploying competencies with M365/ Exchange, MECM | SCCM.
- Demonstrated planning and deploying Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Identity Management.
- Demonstrated planning and deploying Avamar, Isilon, and Data Protection.
The ideal candidate can address all the previously mentioned technologies, speak to them professionally, plan for and implement these solutions, document to Weaver Technologies standards the finalized deployments, and hand-off to the customer in collaboration with the Weaver Technologies Project Team.
- Minimum 3 years of server and storage experience required
- Dell Technologies implementation and solutioning experience preferred
- 4-year degree preferred
- Excellent analytical ability and communications skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time-management skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Strong organization abilities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
- 50% travel would be required